Last Revised: October 26, 2017
We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms or any policy or guideline of the Site or the Services, at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site or being made available via the Services, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of the Site or the Services following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Therefore, you should frequently review the Terms and applicable policies from time-to-time to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Site and the Services. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using the Site and the Services.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made to this Policy by indicating on this Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time-to-time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide to us will be used.
What Is Personal Information?
As used in this Policy, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (including, but not limited to, your name and social networking information) or information about an individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Service or about a group or category of users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection. We collect information from you in various ways when you interact with the Services. For example, we collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you register, sign-in (via Facebook or another social networking site) or provide or request information. Such information may include personal information (including, but not limited to, your name and social networking information).
Passive Collection. When you use the Service, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, your browser type, the address of a referring website. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, this information is used in the aggregate only.
Certain information is collected through the use of "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive. Among other things, cookies help us to improve the Service. If we link cookies to any personally identifiable information, we will treat this information as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of the Service.
We may use web beacons or similar technology on the Service. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Service interface or in emails relating to the Service to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Service interface, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to determine if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through the Service for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Service interface. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- • to provide the Service or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- • to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Service;
- • to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- • to monitor and analyze the Service, and to personalize and improve the Service and our users' experiences on the Service;
- • to provide you with news and information about our or third party events, activities, offers, promotions and services we think will be of interest to you;
- • to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Service;
- • to notify you about important changes to the Service; and
- • for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not knowingly share the personal information we collect from you through the Service with third parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Service interface. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- • with vendors, consultants, and other service providers ("Service Providers") who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Service and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- • when you give us your consent to do so (including, without limitation, if we notify you via the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information);
- • in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- • when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- • when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of RethinkBooks, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public including without limitation to protect RethinkBooks or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Service;
- • to enforce or apply this Policy, our terms of service, or our other policies or agreements; and
- • in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of RethinkBooks.
You understand that when you use the Service, information you post on the Service interface, information you provide via the use of the Service, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Service or any information you share through social network websites, will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any other users or third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with other entities' and individuals' privacy practices (including, but not limited to, the privacy practices of Facebook and other social networking sites) before disclosing information directly to any such entity or individual. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to Websites and Networking Sites
RethinkBooks allows you to share information about books with your network (e.g., your Facebook friends). In order to share with your Facebook friends, you must first allow RethinkBooks to access your Facebook account. To fully understand how the Service accesses your Facebook account, you should become familiar with the privacy policies maintained by Facebook.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse. To assist with the protection of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Service by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised or misused.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.